General Science

  • noun a cursor shaped like the letter ‘I’ used in a graphical user interface to edit text or indicate text operations


  • a large bar of metal or some other strong substance with a cross-section shaped like the letter ‘I’

Cars & Driving

  • noun a steel beam which in cross section has the shape of an I


  • A structural member of rolled steel whose cross section resembles the capital letter "I."


  • On a computer screen, a cursor shaped similarly to a capital letter I. It is seen, for instance, when a mouse is moved over an area where text is to be entered. Also called I-beam pointer.

Real Estate

  • noun a metal beam or girder that is shaped like a capital ‘I’ in cross section