- noun a cursor shaped like the letter ‘I’ used in a graphical user interface to edit text or indicate text operations
- a large bar of metal or some other strong substance with a cross-section shaped like the letter ‘I’
Cars & Driving
- A structural member of rolled steel whose cross section resembles the capital letter "I."
- On a computer screen, a cursor shaped similarly to a capital letter I. It is seen, for instance, when a mouse is moved over an area where text is to be entered. Also called I-beam pointer.
- noun a metal beam or girder that is shaped like a capital ‘I’ in cross section