- noun a popular standard for a hard disk drive controller unit that allows data transfer rates up to 4.1MBps and can support two hard disk drives on each controller; enhanced versions of the IDE standard provide more flexibility and speed (also known as AT Attachment – ATA – interface)
- acronym forATA
- acronym forintegrated device electronics
- acronym forSCSI
- Abbreviation of Integrated Drive Electronics, Integrated Drive Electronics interface, or Intelligent Drive Electronics. A widely utilized disks and tape drive interface in which the controller is integrated into the disk, disc, or tape drive itself, which simplifies connection. There are enhanced versions, such as Fast IDE. Also called IDE interface. The American National Standards Institute formally calls it advanced technology attachment, or AT attachment.
- acronym forintegrated development environment
- acronym forintegrated device electronic
- noun a popular standard for a hard disk drive controller unit that allows data transfer rates up to 4.1 MBps and can support two hard disk drives on each controller.