- The intensity of light on a surface exposed to incident light.
- The providing or application of light. This is a qualitative term, while illuminance quantifies specifically.
- A deprecated term for illuminance.
- For an antenna, the geometric distribution of power that reaches the various parts of a reflector dish.
Information & Library Science
- noun the painting of initial letters in manuscripts with gold, silver and colours
- noun a decorated letter, design or illustration on a manuscript or page, or the art or act of decorating written texts
- noun the amount or strength of light available in a place or for a purpose