Cars & Driving
- noun a sudden, hard, physical contact
- The stress to which a structure is subjected from vibrating, falling, or shifting loads. Impact is a percentage of the structure's live load.
Information & Library Science
- noun a strong effect or influence on something, such as of a product on its intended audience
- noun the powerful or dramatic effect that something or someone has
- noun one person viewing one 30-second advertisement, once only. Used in measurements of advertising exposure and reach.
- noun an act of one object hitting another object or a surface