- noun a voltage pulse which lasts a very short time
- A unidirectional surge of current of very short duration. It quickly rises to a maximum, then drops to zero in a similar fashion. Such a surge may be produced, for instance, when switching equipment on or off. Also called impulse current, or pulse current.
- A unidirectional surge of voltage of very short duration. It quickly rises to a maximum, then drops to zero in a similar fashion. Such a surge may be produced, for example, by a lightning stroke. Also called impulse voltage, or pulse voltage.
- A pulse of very short duration, although both terms are often used synonymously.
Information & Library Science
- noun a sudden desire to do something without thinking about it or planning it first
- noun a message transmitted by a nerve
- noun a sudden feeling of wanting to act in a specific way