General English

General Science

  • noun a hollow in the surface of something

Cars & Driving

  • noun concentrated panel damage or a specific dent that may be caused when the car hits a relatively small obstacle, i.e. the towbar of another car


Information & Library Science

  • noun a space of a set size left at the beginning of a line of text

Media Studies

  • noun the practice or act of leaving space between the margin and the beginning of a line of text, or the blank space left


  • noun the act of making an indent at the beginning of a line