- noun a condition that is deliberately manipulated by an experimenter to test response
- noun a factor whose value, when it changes, influences one or more other variables called ‘dependent variables’
- noun a variable that influences another variable (called the dependent variable). For example, the price of a product may influence the demand for it.
- A variable which determines the change in another variable, called dependent variable.
- A variable whose value does not depend on the changes in another variable.