- noun the passing of water into the soil or into a drainage system
- noun an irrigation system in which water passes through many small channels to reach the fields
- The leakage of air into a building through the small spaces around windows, doors, etc., caused by pressure differences between indoor and outdoor air.
- noun the process where a liquid passes through the walls of one part of the body into another part
- noun a condition in which waste is brought to and deposited around cells
- noun an act of infiltrating.
- the action of rainwater as it soaks downwards into the soil. As the surface layers become waterlogged the water seeps down into lower dry layers.