- verb to prevent the passing of heat, cold or sound into or out of an area
- verb to prevent the passing of electricity to where it is not required, especially by using a non-conducting material
Cars & Driving
- verb to cover with non-conducting material, so as to prevent the transmission of heat, electricity or sound
- To provide with special features and/or materials that afford protection against sound, moisture, heat, or heat loss.
- verb to prevent or reduce the passage of heat, electricity or sound into, from or through something, especially by surrounding it with some material
- verb to protect something against e.g. cold, heat or noise