- noun the state of being protected against the passing of heat, cold, sound or electricity from one area to another
- noun a material or substance used to insulate something
- noun an act of or state of preventing the passing of heat, cold, sound or electricity from one area to another
- Material used to reduce the effects of heat, cold, or sound.
- Any material, device, or technique that provides protection against fire or the transfer of electricity, heat, cold, moisture, or sound.
- thermal insulation is a material used for covering pipes, ducts, vessels, etc., to effect a reduction of heat loss or gain.
- noun material that prevents or reduces the passage of heat, electricity or sound, e.g. a special fabric or a layer of air
- noun the act of covering or surrounding something to prevent or reduce the passage of heat, electricity or sound
- noun the act of protecting something against cold, heat or noise
- noun material which protects against cold, heat or noise