- noun a thing or things which are taken in
- noun a group of new students, soldiers, etc.
- noun an amount of a substance taken into an organism, either eaten or absorbed
- noun hill pasture which has been improved and fenced in
- The opening or device through which a gas or fluid enters a system.
- noun the amount of a substance taken in by the body
- noun the process of taking a substance into the body
Information & Library Science
- noun a quantity of people or things taken into something such as an organisation
- noun a place where air, fuel or water is drawn into a machine