- noun the degree or strength of something
- noun the degree to which land is used
- A measure of acoustic energy per unit area of a sound wave. Measured in watts per square meter or micro-watts per square centimeter. The intensity is proportional to the square of the amplitude.
(written as Intensity)Usually refers to the ratio of a factor of production to output. The higher the ratio the greater the intensity.
- noun the amount of coverage and attention given to a particular news story, often at the expense of other stories
- noun the strength of something, e.g. pain