- verb to stop something as it is passing.
- verb to stop or interrupt the intended path of something
- In surveying, the length of the staff visible between the two stadia hairs of a transit's telescope.
- (written as Intercept)
The point at which a line crosses an axis in a diagram. In an equation such as:
X = a + bY
the intercept is a.
- noun an enemy message which has been intercepted
- verb to meet up with or catch persons or vehicles as they move from one place to another
- verb to locate and listen to another person’s radio transmissions