- noun a sportsperson who has played for his or her country’s team against another country
- adjective referring to more than one country
- adjective working between countries
- Involving transactions or relations between nations. The term, according to Suganami (1978), was coined by Bentham (1789).
Information & Library Science
- adjective relating to different countries
- noun a sports contest between teams or players from two or more countries
- noun a member of a team representing his or her country in an international event