- noun a note asking for payment for goods or services supplied
- verb to send an invoice to someone
- An itemized bill listing the items and charges of merchandise and/or work.
- The itemized bill for a transaction, stating the nature of the transaction and its cost. In international trade, the invoice price is often the preferred basis for levying an ad valorem tariff.
Information & Library Science
- noun an official document listing the goods or services supplied and stating the amount of money owed
- verb to send an invoice to somebody