- noun jazz or swing dance music, especially that of the 1940s
- noun deceitful or pretentious talk or behaviour, nonsense.
- noun a style of fast dancing to accompany swing music or rock ’n’ roll
- noun marihuana. A now obsolete usage.
- verb to deceive, tease, browbeat. A black American term from the early 20th century which enjoyed a vogue among black and white speakers in the late 1980s. For the possible origins of the word, see the noun form.
- verb to dance in a fast energetic style which corresponded in the 1940s to swing music and from the 1950s to rock ’n’ roll