Cars & Driving
- noun a slight step along the edge of a panel to provide a level mounting and welding surface so that it can be overlapped against the adjacent panel for subsequent lap or spot welding
- A notch or protrusion in one piece or member that is fitted to a protrusion or notch in another piece to prevent slipping between the members.
- A protrusion or shoulder that receives the thrust of a brace.
- A horn or stub tenon at the end of a mortised piece to strengthen it and prevent its lateral movement.
- The enlarged portion of a post by which a strut is supported. See also key.
- noun a joint between two pieces of masonry or concrete, in which a projection on one fits into a recess of the other