- noun a situation where two or more companies join together for one specific large business project
- The joining together of two or more parties to form an entity with the legal characteristics of a partnership, to achieve a specific objective. See also contractual joint venture.
- noun a single business undertaking entered into by two or more businesses or partners
- noun a very large business partnership where two or more companies join together as partners for a limited period
- noun a very large business project where two or more companies, often from different countries, join together to share development costs and eventual profits
- noun a very large business project where two or more companies join together, often forming a new joint company to manage the project