- A power-driven woodworking tool or long, hand-operated, bench plane used to square the edges of lumber or panels.
- An offset metal tool used to smooth or indent mortar joints in masonry.
- A metal tool about 6" long and 2" to 4" wide, having interchangeable depth-regulating bits and used for cutting joints in fresh concrete.
- In masonry, a bent strip of iron used in a wall to strengthen a joint.
- noun a tool for pointing the mortar in brickwork or stonework after it has been laid
- noun a long plane used to shape the edges of planks into joints