- The short length of wire or cable used to make a usually temporary electrical connection within, between, or around circuits and/or their related equipment.
- A steel bar used manually as a drilling or boring tool.
- A stretcher covering two or more vertical joints in square rubble.
- The inverted mushroom-shaped component of a domestic water tap, on which the washer fits.
- A length of a conductor, such as a wire or a cable, which is utilized to bypass a portion of a circuit, or to attach a device, such as a meter, during testing or troubleshooting.
- On a circuit board, a small plug or wire whose presence or absence determines whether a given circuit is open or closed, which in turn changes an aspect of the hardware configuration, such as the selection of an interrupt request.