- noun a place where two things meet
- noun a connection between wires or cables
- A place where things join or meet. Also, the act of joining or meeting.
- A point in a circuit where two or more conductors meet. For instance, a connection point between sections of a transmission line.
- A layer or boundary which serves as the interface between semiconductor regions with different properties. For example, a pn junction. Also called semiconductor junction. Also, a similar interface between a semiconductor and a metal.
- A layer or boundary which serves as the interface between materials, or regions within a single material, with different physical properties. For instance, such a junction in a thermocouple.
- A fitting which serves to join one waveguide section with another. Also called waveguide junction.
- noun the point at which a radio or television programme or item has to end in order for the next to start on time
- noun a place where two or more roads or railway lines meet each other