- verb to argue a logical case for something
- verb to change the spacing between words or characters in a document so that the left and right margins will be straight
- verb to shift the contents of a computer register by a set amount
- To shift the contents of a register in a manner that the most or least significant character is at a specified position, such as the end of said register.
- To display or print text in a manner that all lines in a paragraph, except the last line, are aligned evenly between the left and right margins.
Information & Library Science
- verb to change the spacing between words or characters so that each line of the text ends exactly at the right-hand margin
- verb to give a good reason for something
- verb to set text so that it begins and ends at a given point on the page