- noun a number of keys fixed together in some order, used to enter information into a computer or to produce characters on a typewriter
- noun the part of a computer or other device with keys which are pressed to make letters or figures
- verb to press the keys on a keyboard to type something
- A set of keys which serve to provide input, or cause an action. For example, the keyboard used with a computer or digital multimeter.
- A computer input device which incorporates alphanumeric keys, function keys, control keys, cursor keys, and additional keys, such as enter, backspace, and insert. A 101-key keyboard is commonly used. Also called computer keyboard.
Information & Library Science
- noun a set of keys arranged in order and used to enter information into a computer or typewriter