- noun a special inducement to buy a bond, e.g. making it convertible to shares at a preferential rate
- A wood block or board attached to a formwork member in a building frame or formwork to make the structure more stable. In formwork, a kicker acts as a haunch to take the thrust of another member. Sometimes called a cleat.
- An activator, as the hardener for a polyester resin.
- A luminaire used to accent or highlight a subject.
- An additional payment of rent or interest required as part of a contract.