- phrasal verb to hit someone so hard that they are no longer conscious
- phrasal verb to make someone go to sleep
- verb to destroy a vehicle
- verb to sell or distribute. In this sense the phrase probably originates in illegal auctions where the apportioning of the (usually stolen) goods was accompanied by the rap of a gavel. The term is now typically used by or of street traders.
- verb to knock an opponent down for a count of ten, thus winning the match
- verb to eliminate an opponent or team from a competition by winning a match or game