- noun the material used to insulate pipes
- Heavy wood boards used to line the sides of excavations and prevent cave-ins.
- Preformed insulation for pipes and tanks.
- noun insulating material used to keep heat from escaping, especially round a pipe or hot water tank
- noun a wooden frame used in building, especially to support an arch while it is being built
- adjective very attractive, gorgeous. An item of student slang in use in London and elsewhere since around 2000.
- noun a period of imprisonment. The word has sometimes had the specific sense of a term of three years or more.