Cars & Driving
- noun part of the locking mechanism of doors, bonnets, boots, tailgates
- noun an electronic component that maintains an output value
- verb to set an output state
- A fastening device for a door or window, usually operable from both sides and built without a dead bolt or provisions for locking with a key.
- That which serves to fasten or hold in place. For example, a device which holds a movable contact in place.
- A circuit which reverses its state or logic condition when an input is applied, and which maintains said state or logic condition until the next input, at which point it reverses again.