- noun a time delay between the moment when an instruction is given to a computer and the execution of the instruction or return of a result, e.g. the delay between a request for data and the data being transferred from memory
- The time interval that elapses between the request or triggering of an action, and the obtaining of the desired result, or completion.
- The time interval that elapses between initiating a request for data and the transfer of said data.
- The time interval required for a signal or data to travel from one communications network node to another. For instance, such latency occurs when a packet is stored, analyzed, and forwarded. Also called network latency.
- noun the state or condition of being latent
- noun the amount of time it takes data to move across an Internet connection