- noun a flat area of a substance under or over another area
- noun a stem of a plant which has made roots where it touches the soil
- verb to propagate a plant by bending a stem down until it touches the soil and letting it form roots there
- noun one horizontal part
- noun a thickness of something
- noun ISO/OSI standards defining the stages a message has to pass through when being transmitted from one computer to another over a local area network
- A defined thickness which is part of a material, or which surrounds it. For example, an atmospheric or ionospheric layer, a layer in a semiconductor, or that produced through plating.
- In communications and computers, a defined set of capabilities, functions, and protocols which pertain to a given stratum within a hierarchical arrangement. For instance, any of the seven layers within OSI Reference Model.
- noun a flat mass of food under or over another mass
- noun a bird that is laying eggs
- noun an audio track that can be played ‘on top of’ another, such as a spoken piece played over background music, to create a complete soundtrack
- verb to put together different audio tracks to create a complete soundtrack
- noun a thin film of a substance
- noun an employee who feeds the sheets through a press