- noun the way in which things are arranged
- noun rules governing the data input and output from a computer
- noun a way of using a sheet of paper.
- A design scheme or plan showing the proposed arrangement of objects and spaces within and outside a structure.
- The arrangement of components or devices in an object or system. For example, the layout of the components on a printed circuit. Also, a graphical representation of such an arrangement. Also, the process of arranging said components or devices.
Information & Library Science
- noun the design of a page of printed matter including position on the page of illustrations, text and type sizes
- noun the arrangement of words and pictures on a printed page, in an advertisement, on an email advertising message, etc., including the headline, illustrations, text, and trademarks
- noun the way in which the page is designed showing the position of text, graphics and photographs