- adjective referring to a fuel/air mixture in which the ratio of air to fuel is greater than usual
Cars & Driving
- adjective of a weak air/fuel mixture that has less petrol than normal.
- adjective used for describing meat with little fat
- noun lean meat
- adjective under the influence of illicit drugs. The usage, which appeared in the late 1990s, is possibly related to the American laney.
- used to describe a wine that is low on fruit with noticeable acidity. Leanness is not necessarily a bad quality.