- noun a process of learning something that starts slowly and then becomes faster
- noun a line on a graph which shows the relationship between experience in doing something and competence at carrying it out
- noun a diagram or graph that represents the way in which people gain knowledge or experience over time
- noun the decrease in the effort required to produce each single item when the total number of items produced is doubled
- noun a graphical description of how someone can acquire knowledge about a product over time
- A term applied to the time required for a new craftsman or crew to attain the productivity level of an experienced craftsman or crew.
- noun the gradual process of learning new skills. A steep learning curve implies having to learn new skills fast.
- The time and processes involved in acquiring a new skill, becoming familiar with a given subject, or the like. For example, the time and effort required to learn to utilize a computer application proficiently. Also, a graph representing such progress.