- noun something or someone who causes problems or makes you feel embarrassed
- noun responsibility for a payment such as the repayment of a loan
- noun someone or something which represents a loss to a person or organisation
- A situation in which one party is legally obligated to assume responsibility for another party's loss or burden. Liability is created when the law recognizes two elements: the existence of an enforceable legal duty to be performed by one party for the benefit of another, and the failure to perform the duty in accordance with applicable legal standards.
- noun the fact of being legally responsible for paying for damage or loss incurred
- noun the state of being legally responsible for paying for damage or loss
- noun legal responsibility for something, especially costs or damages