- adjective referring to lines
- Of, pertaining to, or in the shape of a line. For instance, a system whose components are arranged in a line.
- Describing, described by, or following the course of a line. For example, the movement of a robotic arm along the length of a line.
- A relationship in which one value is directly proportional to another. For instance, an electronic device whose output is directly proportional to its input. When such a response is graphed, the result is a straight line, which may or may not be sloped. Also, pertaining to such a relationship.
- Having only one dimension, or measured only in terms of length.
Information & Library Science
- adjective process in which things always happen one at a time following each other in a set order
- adjective long and narrow in shape
- adjective able to be represented by a straight line