- In structural design, the factor applied to the working load to determine the design's ultimate load.
- In a drainage system, the percentage of the total flow that occurs at a particular location in the system.
- A ratio of the average air-conditioning load on a system to the maximum capacity.
- For a given time interval, the ratio of the average load to the peak load.
- The ratio of a given load to the maximum load.
- noun the number of seats in a bus, a train or an aircraft which are occupied by passengers who have paid the full fare