- noun a machine used to load crops, manure, etc., into trailers or spreaders. The front-end tractor-mounted loader is the most common.
- A construction machine used to push or transport earth, crushed stone, or other construction materials. The bucket, or scoop, is located on the front of the vehicle and can be raised, lowered, or tilted.
- A utility which copies a computer program from a storage device into memory, for execution. Such a utility is usually part of the operating system, can load executable code from an internal or external storage device, and may be a routine or a program.
- noun a crew member responsible for loading an artillery piece, gun or other weapons system
- noun a machine used for loading heavy construction materials and transporting them