- noun a science which deals with thought and reasoning
- noun electronic circuits which obey mathematical laws
- noun a mathematical treatment of formal logic operations such as AND, OR, etc., and their transformation into various circuits.
- noun a system for deducing results from binary data
- noun the components of a computer or digital system
- The functions performed by a computer which involve operations such as mathematical computations and true/false comparisons. Such logic is usually based on Boolean algebra.
- The circuits in a computer which enable the performance of logic functions or operations, such as AND, OR, and NOT. These include gates and flip-flops. Also, the manner in which these circuits are arranged. Also called machine logic (2).
- The totality of the circuitry contained in a computer. Also called machine logic (3).
Information & Library Science
- noun a way of thinking and reasoning which takes account of previous steps