Cars & Driving
- noun a device mounted on a rotating shaft or component that engages in a recess of a component to be driven
- noun a solid block of tread (i.e. with no sipes)
- Any of several types of projections on a piece of material or equipment. Such projections are used during handling and installation.
- A connector for fastening the end of a wire to a terminal.
- A fitting or projection which serves to connect a wire by wrapping or through soldering. Also called terminal lug.
- A fitting or projection which serves to support or grasp.
- noun an inhalation of smoke, a drag. The term is used in this sense in British and Irish speech.