- verb to give someone something he or she doesn’t want to do
- verb to move slowly and heavily
- noun trees which have been cut down
- Timbers that have been split or processed into boards, beams, planks, or other stock that is to be used in construction and is generally smaller than heavy timber.
- noun large objects that are not being used and are stored out of sight
- verb (to pick up) a partner of the opposite sex. The usage probably originated in the Lowlands of Scotland but is now heard in other parts of Britain, employed as a synonym for ‘get off with’ or pull.