- noun a list of names and addresses of people who might be interested in a product, or a list of names and addresses of members of an organisation
- noun list of the email addresses of users who receive information on a regular basis from a company, a person or from other people on the list. An Internet mailing list allows any person whose name and address are on the list to send a message to the list, which will then automatically distribute a copy of this message to all the other people on the list.
- A group, sometimes massive, of email addresses identified by a name, subject, or the like. Any desired mail can be sent automatically to the members of such a list.
Information & Library Science
- noun a list of names and addresses kept by an organisation so that it can send people information or regular publications
- noun an electronic list of e-mail addressees or subscribers who usually have an interest in the same topic
- noun a list, usually computerised, of names and addresses to which advertising material or information can be posted
- noun a list of names and addresses of people who want to receive information about property as it become available, held by a council or estate agent