- noun the act of keeping something in working order
- noun the act of keeping things going or working
- noun money for upkeep, especially paid by a divorced or separated person to help pay for living expenses for children
- noun the action of keeping something at the same level or standard
- noun the process of keeping things going or working
- noun the process of keeping a machine in good working order
Cars & Driving
- noun the work undertaken by a car owner to keep his vehicle in good working order; typically checking the tyres, lights, oil and coolant levels, windscreen wipers and seat belts.
- noun the task of keeping a machine in good working condition
- noun tasks carried out in order to keep a system running, e.g. repairing faults and replacing components
- The process of implementing measures to conserve a site, building, structure, or object over an extended period of time to prevent deterioration.
- All activities which are performed to help insure the proper operation of components, circuits, devices, equipment, and systems. Maintenance is usually either preventive or corrective, and may includes tests, adjustments, cleaning, and replacements. In the case of software, for instance, maintenance may involve updating or debugging. Also called upkeep.
Information & Library Science
- noun the process of keeping something in good condition by giving it regular care and attention
- noun the activity of keeping things going or working
- noun a payment made by a divorced or separated husband or wife to the former spouse, to help pay for living expenses and the cost of bringing up the children
- noun formerly, the crime or tort of unlawfully providing someone with money to help that person to pay the costs of suing a third party
- noun work that is done regularly to keep a building in good condition
- noun the general condition of a property with respect to repairs
- noun actions intended to keep things going or working
- noun the work of keeping a machine in good working order