- noun a large vegetable (Cucurbita pepo) of the pumpkin family, which may be grown as bush or trailing varieties
- The blood-forming tissue of the body which takes the form of pink pulpy material in the hollow centres of some of the larger skeletal bones especially thigh and leg bones. beef marrow is often poached in the bone wrapped in a cloth for an hour, for use as a garnish and sometimes served in the bone with a special metal scoop to extract it.
- noun soft tissue in cancellous bone. In young animals red marrow is concerned with blood formation while in adults it becomes progressively replaced with fat and is known as yellow marrow.
- noun soft red or yellow fatty tissue that fills the central cavities of bones
- noun a large green cylindrical vegetable with spongy white flesh from a plant of the melon family