- noun the small hard fruits that have fallen from a beech tree, used as food by pigs and other animals
- noun a tube projecting from the underside of the aircraft from which liquid can drain well away from the airframe
- A vertical rod which serves as an antenna, or as an antenna support. Also called antenna mast.
- noun a tall metal structure, usually situated on high ground, for supporting communications equipment (e.g. television, radio, mobile telephone technology)
- noun a vertical spar that supports sails, rigging or flags on a ship