- noun a covering of undecayed grassland vegetation which forms on very acid soil, when the soil lacks the microorganisms necessary to break decaying matter down
- noun a plain coloured border that is displayed around an image that is smaller than the window in which it is displayed
- A heavy, flexible cover for retaining blasted rock fragments that is usually made of wire, chain, or cordage.
- A grid of reinforcing bars.
(written as mató)fresh goats’ cheese usually eaten with honey, sugar or jam
- noun a mould made from a page of standing metal type, used to make a stereo
- noun a mould used to cast a piece of metal type
- noun a small piece of carpet or woven straw, etc., used as a floor covering