- noun a grid of numbers, often used to represent the dimensions of an object or its properties arranged in rows and columns
- In concrete, the mortar in which the coarse aggregate is embedded. In mortar, the cement paste in which the fine aggregate is embedded.
- noun the arrangement of data in horizontal and vertical columns
- A two-dimensional array utilized to organize, interrelate, or perform operations. For instance, such an array in which numbers are subjected to algebraic operations, a logic network in such a configuration, or the arrangement of the chemical elements in a periodic table.
- In computers, a number of elements, such as numbers, dots, or spreadsheet cells, which are arranged in rows and columns, and upon which operations may be performed.
- In a TV transmitter, a circuit or device which transforms the separate red, green, and blue camera signals into color-difference signals, and combines these with the chrominance subcarrier. Also called color encoder, or encoder (2).
- In a TV receiver, a circuit or device which transforms the color-difference signals into separate red, green, and blue signals. Also called color decoder, or decoder (2).
(written as Matrix)An array of numbers (called 'elements') displayed in vectors: rows and columns. There is a special algebra for manipulating matrices.
- noun a metal mould from which type is made in the hot metal process
- noun a mould made by pressing a raised surface in a substance such as plastic, used in stereotyping or electrotyping
- noun a mould used in the production of gramophone records
- noun an amorphous mass of cells forming the basis of connective tissue.
- noun a copper mould used to cast a piece of metal type
- noun a mould made from a page of standing metal type, used to make a stereo
- noun the substance that exists between cells and from which tissue such as cartilage and bone develops