- adjective worked by a machine
- Related to, produced by, or consisting of tangible objects or forces. For example, a switch actuated by centrifugal forces, the deformation of a crystal or ceramic due to the piezoelectric effect, or the access arm of a hard disk drive.
- Pertaining to, or arising from the use of machines or tools.
Information & Library Science
- adjective relating to something that has moving parts and uses power to perform tasks
- noun copy consisting of type proofs and artwork that is laid out and ready to be photographed or electronically scanned for the purpose of preparing printing plates
- noun camera-ready copy made either by pasting the various sections of finished text and illustrations on a piece of board ready to be photographed, or on a piece of page layout software