- noun newspapers, TV and radio
- noun the means of communicating a message about a product or service to the public
- A plural form of medium.
- The physical materials or mediums which serve to store data on a permanent or semi-permanent basis. These include magnetic disks and tapes, DVDs, holograms, bubble memory, and so on. Also called storage media (2), or data storage media.
- The physical materials which serve to store data on any basis. These include magnetic disks and tapes, optical media such as CD-ROMs, computer displays, cards, and paper.
Information & Library Science
- noun the main means of communication as in radio, television and newspapers
- noun the various means of mass communication considered as a whole, including television, radio, magazines and newspapers, together with the people involved in their production
- noun a general term for the television, radio and newspapers, and the reporters who work for them