- noun the middle number in a list of numbers
- The untraveled portion in the center of a divided highway that separates the traffic traveling in opposite directions. See also mall (2.).
- noun a point in the middle of a list of numbers or values
- The middle value within a distribution. For instance, in the sequence 4, 21, 22, 77, 86, the median is 22, as it is in the middle. This contrasts with mean (1), or average value, which in this example would be 42.
- Pertaining to that situated in the middle, or essentially in the middle.
(written as Median)The middle value of an ordered set of numbers.
- adjective towards the central midline of the body, or placed in the middle