- noun a plant of the cucumber family (Cucumis melo) with a sweet fruit. The flesh of the fruit varies from green to orange or white.
- masculine The fruit of a climbing annual vine, Cucumis melo, related to cucumber. It is round or oval with a hard thick skin enclosing a thick layer of sweet (when ripe) juicy flesh with a mass of inedible seeds at the centre. The three principal types are cantaloupe, winter and musk.
- noun the head. The humorous usage featured in the cult 1992 film, Wayne’s World.
- noun a sweet round or cylindrical fruit with flesh varying from green to orange or white
- a taste or aroma associated with white wines made from the Chardonnay grape variety in parts of the New World