General Science

  • noun a lens that is concave on one side and convex on the other
  • noun the curved surface of a narrow column of water
  • noun a small plate of cartilage between vertebrae


  • noun one of two pads of cartilage, the lateral meniscus and medial meniscus, between the femur and tibia in a knee joint.


  • noun a cartilage pad inside the knee which can become damaged if the knee is twisted forcefully


  • the very edge of the surface of wine in a glass, where the liquid touches the glass and is slightly curved up, accurately showing the colour of the wine