- noun a lens that is concave on one side and convex on the other
- noun the curved surface of a narrow column of water
- noun a small plate of cartilage between vertebrae
- noun one of two pads of cartilage, the lateral meniscus and medial meniscus, between the femur and tibia in a knee joint.
- noun a cartilage pad inside the knee which can become damaged if the knee is twisted forcefully
- the very edge of the surface of wine in a glass, where the liquid touches the glass and is slightly curved up, accurately showing the colour of the wine